Thursday, September 24, 2009

3 Things I Hate about the Baseball Steroid Era

There are a few things that really piss me off about this steroid era, the least of which being the players doing steroids.

1. I can't stand the pompus sportswriters and "fans" who believe because someone was under suspicion (or was caught) doing steroids, they do not belong in the Hall of Fame. Since the sportswriters get a vote and are still bitter that they were never any good at baseball and/or lifting weights, or because they are just so damn conservative they can't break out of the yester-years, they will block a big majority of players who deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

2. I can't stand some of the players getting a free-pass on steroids because they were liked by everybody. Bernie Williams - steroids (He'll be one of my entries), Griffey - some kind of testerone booster, Jim Thome - steroids, Bagwell - steroids, Biggio for damn sure. My goal in this blog will be simple, I will show simple before and after photos, see how those correspond to homerun performance, and go from there.

3. People seem to think only good players were using steroids!!!! Full disclosure, I played minor league baseball and, on my team alone, roughly 30-50% of players admitted they had or were using either steroids, andro, or some other kind of testerorne booster. Pitchers got a free pass the first few years of steroid suspicion, but I was a pitcher and I tell you it may have been even more prevelant in them. Of all the people on my team, 1 made the majors and yes he admitted steroid use to me and no he was not on the Mitchell Report. That means that there were about 10-15 other confirmed steroid or andro users from my single A team that used but never made it to the majors. Why do you hypocrites only care about the good players who used them?

Time to start this blog.... First up Ken Griffey Jr!

No comments:

Post a Comment